Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Biblically Sufficient

I was just browsing some other blogsites and I came across one who had a trove of Christian books on living, self-help, etc. It has struck me even as I examine my own library about how many voices I allow to help me divide the Word. What happened before Christian mass media. How is it in an age where there is unlimited amounts of accessibility to Christian resource that the world is so unsalted by those resources and the theology aspoused is so flawed and ununified? Before such benefits our culture was much more strongly influenced by the character of the Christ. This may seem oxymoronic and yet as we abandon traditions, familial relations, and intimacy to the isolation of technology, media, and culture this becomes more clear. In the next couple of weeks, I will be tackling issues of error by the Church in these areas. The running theme through all of this is God's grace being sufficient and therefore, God's Word being sufficient.

No comments: